Friday, August 19, 2011

my journey!! :)

I started the journey with hopes and aspirations of this world and never thought much about Allah and Islam .it was all a hullabaloo and I always wanted to clear my doubt. I always doubted my being on the right path as beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder which holds importance here as well as it says if you behold with others eyes you will view the same beauty that he beholds. My small mind gave me one simple question that for each person who says I recognize god must have something to testify the statement .my parents say its Allah and the true religion is Islam but if u ask anyone else be it a Hindu or a Christian then they would also say the same about their religion and about the path that they are traversing. All couldn’t be right. Only one could be right and the rest could be living in fault. But who is gonna decide that who’s right and who’s wrong. It’s our responsibility to find our own path and decide for ourselves as if I do wrong I will be facing the consequences and the shame of not recognizing my own creator. It’s silly to ask your parents and say I got the answer because it will be biased to what they follow. For them their path is true as it has become a part of life. The question now is of global importance as it might have happened that none were on the right and it’s you who can discover the path and bring the wrongs on the right after all its human who are made to err. I enquired about this by reading my own religious scriptures and reading the differences of the other religious scriptures. I enquired and always searched for some convincing logic behind choosing one path as it’s the right of each human to know what he is doing and why he is doing. The life will be worthless and without any meaning if the person doesn’t know the reason behind his actions. When I was growing I was inquisitive to know the answers of these questions and get myself to the right path. It’s my habit that I don’t fully rely on others words and often I doubt them which was something that always fanned the inquisitive nature as I relied on myself alone and wanted to discover things myself and not being spoon-fed.
I heard some videos of zakir naik where he stressed that if you wanna know the religion of Islam then read Quran. In some of the videos he presented the differences between Islam and the other religions. He gave the reasons why the others are wrong and why is Allah the only god. This wasn’t the end instead the beginning of my search. I started reading Quran. At first it was difficult to understand the old English translation of Quran but it was my patience and perseverance that paid off. Things actually started going into head and making my doubts fly off.im still on it so the search isn’t finished but yea it’s clear that who has created me and now my expedition is to what Allah says a Muslim to do and how a Muslim should be . my question as to how a Muslim should be doesn’t just mean how a Muslim should dress up instead it’s a question bigger than your thinking as it means how your mind should work ,what kinda attitude you should imbibe towards life. To illustrate my point further I would cite an example many people are afraid to speak up in front of a large crowd but if a true Muslim is given this responsibility of addressing the crowd then he will surely do it to the best. Because Allah says when you are given a work, do it if it’s righteous and you are not made to retreat as Allah dislikes such people. Allah says you take the step as I will be with you and you need not worry as you put your faith on me and you are doing the job to please me and not others. Allah says you shouldn’t fear anyone except me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reported by Abu Hurairah (RA): The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah makes the way to Jannah easy for him who treads the path in search of knowledge.” (Muslim)